There are very many people who get to believe that stretch marks are a part of life and as a result you need not do anything about them. That may be a nice philosophy but the truth of the matter is that they will affect not only your self esteem but the way other people will want to relate with you. It is true that there are situations that cause stretch marks that we must accept such as pregnancy but it is also true that by buying stretch mark creams and using them well we can do a great deal of good in the prevention and elimination of stretch marks.
Stretch mark treatment options
There are quite a number of treatment options that include the following:
- Laser surgery: This treatment involves the use of a strong light beam but in some cases it causes scarring and can be quite expensive.
- Surgical skin resection: This one involves the cutting away of the stretch marks but like any other surgery it comes with quite a number of risks and complications apart from being quite expensive as well.
- Microdermabrasion: The doctor uses some fine crystals for the abrasion of the skin’s surface in order to stimulate the production of collagen and can reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
Stretch mark creams
There are quite a number of products that fall squarely in the category of stretch mark creams which can work quite well in improving the appearance of stretch marks. Some of the most popular ones you will find when buying stretch mark creams include:
a) Tretinoin: It assists sin the reduction of new stretch marks but not on old faded ones.
b) Cocoa butter: Available in most over the counter creams and it moisturizes the skin making it more flexible.
Buying tips for creams
- Check the ingredients: Any active an effective stretch mark cream will be as good as the ingredients that made it. You need to look for the most active ingredients that include aloe vera gel, glycolic acid, vitamin E. elastin and collagen.
- Delivery system: When purchasing a stretch mark cream make sure that it also has a good delivery system. The ingredients is that cream can only reach the dermis if they are carried by an oil that can easily penetrate the skin such as emu oil, liposome or any other effective carrier system.
- Reputable company: you can only buy an effective stretch mark cream from a reputable firm and as such you must check their website to see whether they have contact information such as telephone number and address.
- Testimonials: You will also do your self a favor by looking at testimonials other people have written about the stretch mark creams in particular and also see whether their claims are backed by a money back guarantee.